It is always unwise to take one's eyes off of children.
Rashad is an important but minor character in 1931.<p style="text-align:justify;"> A young man of nomadic family, Sadie originally meets Rashad in Cairo. He helps her on many occasions and is often the voice of reason to temper Sadie's brash demeanor.
- Rashad used to play in the catacombs of Alexandria when he was 8
- Rashad says that his mother is British, explaining his blonde hair (possibly a lie, see next bullet)
- In Peru, Sadie meets a man who looks familiar. While it is not made explicit that this is Rashad, the file of the sprite used in the caper is titled 'Rashad Peru Disguised', so it is most likely Rashad; however, that leaves unexplained why he doesn't let Sadie know who he is. (It's possible he did not want Sadie (and/or anyone else) to recognize him, or that story development changed after the file was named). There's also no explanation for him (let alone his family) to be traveling overseas for any reason other than having been hired by someone else with substantial resources (as it is indicated in Alexandria that Sadie is paying Rashad's father good money for his son's services).
- The 'Rashad Peru Disguised' image is also used for the lost Greek of Cappadocia in Two Adventures Together
- Rashad knows the Stranger and says that his family is supposed to protect the land that the Stranger led Sadie to.